Back to Happenings
MINI LAMB KABOBS WITH YOGURT SAUCE
Recipe by Executive Chef Fredy Hernandez
Makes: Approximately 24
24 skewers (about 4” to 6”)
2 lb. lamb leg or loin, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 Tablespoon ground cumin
½ Tablespoon ground fennel
1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
1 cup yogurt, drained
Salt to taste
½ cup yogurt, drained
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon mint, chopped
½ cup cucumber, small dice
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Skewer the lamb tightly and set aside.
2. Combine the cumin, fennel, salt, crushed black pepper, and 1 cup yogurt and mix well. Rub the lamb with the mixture and set in refrigerator for 1-2 hours or overnight.
3. In a small bowl, add drained yogurt, lemon juice, mint, cucumber, salt and pepper, stir and set aside.In the same pan, add the chicken and break into small pieces with a wooden spoon. Stir continuously for 3-5 minutes until slightly brown. Add garlic, onion, pepper mixture, cumin, chili, tomato, chicken broth, salt & pepper, and mix well. Let it cook for 2-4 minutes or until juice is absorbed. Allow to cool before making empanadas.
4. Preheat a skillet or grill; spray with oil, add lamb and cook for about 3 minutes on each side (5 to 6 minutes total for medium rare).
5. Serve the skewer with the sauce on the side.